EyePlusLens.com QR Code. Click to open in a new window, then scan with your smart phone.
EyePlusLens.com on Twitter
followers!
Quick Links

Tweet this page!

Home
Quick Search

General Forum
  Forum Rules, FAQ
  News, Articles
  Interesting!

Photography
  Free Photo Forum
  Photo of the Day
  General Photo Forum
  User Guides
  Usenet Newsgroups

Videography
  Free Video Forum
  General Video Forum
  User Guides
  Usenet Newsgroups

Special Applications
  General Forum

Members Gallery
  Photography

Market Place
  I'm selling
  I'm looking for
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FRY'S WILL MEET ANY INTERNET PRICE - Just a dirty Trick!
DSh Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:17:47 AM(UTC)
Dmitri Shvetsov

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Here is the quote:

FRY'S WILL MEET ANY INTERNET PRICE
FRY'S WILL MEET ANY
INTERNET PRICE
LOW PRICES GUARANTEED STORE WIDE!

"We Will Match Any Competitive Price*." Before making a purchase from a Fry's Electronics store, if you see a lower current price at a local authorized competitor in-stock, or from an authorized Internet competitor ready to ship, Fry's will be happy to match the competition's delivered price.

"30-Day Low Price Guarantee*." If within 30 days of purchasing an item from a Fry's Electronics store you see a lower current price at a local authorized competitor in-stock, or from an authorized Internet competitor ready to ship, Fry's will cheerfully refund 1l0% of the difference. Or if within 30 days of purchase you see a lower current price from a local Fry's Electronics store, Fry's will refund 100% of the difference. To apply for Fry's low price guarantee, simply bring in your original cash register receipt and verifiable proof of a lower current price.

A * SEE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON REVERSE SIDE

TERMS/CONDITIONS:
    * Authorized competitors must have a current reseller contract directly with the manufacturer of the product they are offering, Verification may require one business day.
    * All comparisons are based on the in-store cash register price or the in-store on-line final checkout price at the time of request, excluding any applicable sales tax. Price comparisons include the cost of shipping. Online price and availability must be verified in store at time of purchase.
    * Low price guarantee is limited to 15 days from the date of purchase for notebook computers, netbooks, tablets and iPads, desktop computers' monitors, MP3 players and iPods, memory, microprocessors, motherboards, internal/external hard drives, network-attached storage, CD & DW recorders, camcorders, cameras, projectors, and sir conditioners.
    * Offer good on all brand new unopened products of the same exact model with same warranty.
    * Offer does not apply when price includes rebates, special program or educational discounts, bonuses, free offers, gift cards, reward points redemptions, coupons, promo codes, bundled items, or one-of-a-kind very limited-quantity offers.
    * Offer does not apply to wireless phones and pagers that require a service agreement.
    * Offer does not apply to expired ads, Fry's ads are valid only for stores listed in those ads.
    * Offer does not apply to Frys.com purchases.
    * Offer does not include deliveries outside local store delivery area, haul-away, or recycling fees.
    * We reserve the right to limit this offer to one of each model.

And here is the real truth:

I marked with the Red Color a very important part written above: excluding any applicable sales tax. Today's Fry's Electronics Taxes in AZ are 9.30%. That's what the sale people are keeping silence about. So here is the truth and don't let the Fry's people catch you with their dirty trick! The truth is - when you purchase on line in most cases you DO NOT pay taxes. I just made a price match for a few items at my local Fry's Electronics. Yes, I got the difference, but not what I expected to get. Instead of $77.56 I got only $26. Why? Taxes.

The whole very loud company works for those who don't know math. But we do and we see that Fry's treats its customers like fools. It IS STILL interesting to buy on line because we really SAVE MONEY on line. Fry's actually doesn't do any good price match that any regular healthy person knowing math could expect. Ideally it has to be out-of-pocket price to Internet store delivered price match. Only in this case it would be more interesting to buy at Fry's than on the Internet. But it didn't happen. Again. Period. Somebody's brilliant idea was completely trashed.

I think I will go to Fry's Electronics and return all the items back since I can easily save over $50 even after this so called "match".

Sorry, guys, it's just a dirty trick to attract more customers, nothing else. But we know the truth now.

Any comments are welcome!
DSh attached the following image(s):
DSh attached the following image(s): Frys1.jpg
DSh attached the following image(s): Frys2.jpg
DSh. MyFootTalk.com
Nikon D7000 + AF-S Nikkor DX 18-300mm, VRII.
Sponsor
MyFootTalk.com
DSh Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:16:27 PM(UTC)
Dmitri Shvetsov

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I got one more experience with our local Fry's Electronics today. I was going to get couple hard drive enclosures and I wanted them today to start using my 1/2 TB 2.5" drives. Even if the price match includes local taxes, the difference cannot be so huge for a $10-15 box anyway. So I went to the store, found two different boxes with 2.5" enclosures: NexStar CX and NexStar SX. One of them was price-tagged as $19.99 and another one as $15.88. I scanned both price tags with my smart phone and found that the Fry's Internet price of one of the box was $19.99 as it was exactly shown on the price tag in the store, but the local Walmart price was only $10.15. It was strange, but since it was promised that I can get a price match... I went to the manager and asked about the price match. The manager asked me two questions: to what store and to what price. After I showed him the price on my smart phone (keep in mind - I didn't print anything, I just got all these prices a few seconds ago!), he matched the price in just one minute, but noticed that it's $12.99 at the store, not $19.99 as I have seen. I told him that he needs to correct the price tag on the shelves since it's misleading the customers. He got no reaction. Well, it's not first time when the items were incorrectly price tagged, I was not surprised at all. Anyway, I got the price match from mistakenly tagged $19.99, then from correct $12.99, and finally down to $10.15, and it took just one minute without any printed documents, etc. The manager simply found this price on the Internet, made a required correction in his computer and printed me the paper for cashier. That's all.

So it can be convenient in some particular cases when the price is not very high and the difference between with and without taxes is negligible.

Btw, it can be a good way to keep the copies of your files on the external USB hard drive inside your home safe. Just imagine that you can get a 750GB 2.5" IBM/Hitachi 5400RPM hard drive assembled in Thailand (not in China!) for $79.99 plus a very good and small enclosure for this hard drive called NexStar SX from Vantec for just $10.15 at your local Fry's Electronics and even cheaper on line. You can insert the hard drive inside enclosure without screwdriver in less than a minute and that's all you need!
DSh. MyFootTalk.com
Nikon D7000 + AF-S Nikkor DX 18-300mm, VRII.